I have nothing against these sweet things, they really satisfy your taste buds whenever the craving for something sugary. But once you come into a decision to control your food intake for a more healthy body, a lot of sacrifices are made, especially so that you limit yourself to what is essential, and not just what you like.
Alright, I admit that long time ago, I had this love-hate relationship with chocolate. I had a sweet tooth and I craved for almost anything chocolatey! I believed my system had adapted sweet chocolate as my staple food, and as I satisfied my wanting for this heavenly food, I found myself getting bigger and heavier. Oh my, I needed to make some adjustments on my sweet desires, lest I find myself, obese, unhealthy, and most of all, lonely.
And so came the time to “reinvent” myself. I made a big turnaround. I was so lonely not munching my chooey chocolates, until I bumped into this helpful information about getting my body in shape. For a while I thought I’m gonna give up chocolates, but the recipes I found were really amazing because it doesn’t restrict me and moreover, it gives me healthy options for a well-maintained body.
My version of this recipe is one of my all-time favourites. It combines all the goodness of chocolates in a healthy snack. I make these batch of doughnuts almost every week, they are so delicious you would want to gobble them up at once, ha!
Try your own version, too!
Vanilla-Almond Choco Donuts Delight
For the doughnuts:
¼ cup casein or pea protein powder, vanilla-flavored
¼ almond flour / ground almonds
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons almond milk
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
For the chocolate topping:
1 teaspoon coconut oil
2 squares dark chocolate
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Form a sticky dough.
2. Afterwards, place the dough inside a donut pan.
3. Bake the donuts at 180C (356F) for 15 minutes or until cooked. You’ll know they’re ready if you place a toothpick in the middle of the dough and it comes out really clean.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool naturally before transferring them from the donut pan to a tray.
5. Now let us prepare the choco topping, melt dark chocolate squares in coconut oil. Pour on top of the donuts. Then you may add additional toppings like chocolate sprinkles, rice crispies, chopped nuts, whatever you like!
6. Serve and enjoy!