If you are one of those nutrient-conscious individuals who love to munch on something healthy without the guilt-feeling that you are adding unwanted pounds to your ideal weight, you should be thankful for these flavourful protein powders – vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and a few more flavors coming soon.
Most people favor chocolate and vanilla flavors, and I bet you are one of them. But hey, your taste buds should try this strawberry-flavored protein powder, especially with this delightful, easy to make, and tasty protein truffles.
Strawberry casein, ¼ cup
Milk, ¼ cup
Coconut flour, ½ tablespoon
Dark chocolate, 1/3 bar
Freeze-dried strawberries, 1 teaspoon (you may also use strawberry powder)
- In a bowl, mix together the first three ingredients (casein, milk and coconut flour). Mix very well until you achieve the consistency of a soft dough, testing it by rolling into truffles with your hands. If the mix crumbles, it means that it is a bit dry, you should add more milk. If it is too wet, add more casein. Form the dough into truffles. Set aside.
- Next, you need to melt your dark chocolate by heating it in a pan. Use 70% or more dark. The darker, the better – however I prefer the maximum 85%, just right!
- Dip the truffles into the melted chocolate until fully coated. Alternatively, instead of chocolate, you may roll your truffles on chopped nuts, coconut flakes, or cocoa.
- Place your truffles on an aluminum pan, or a silicone tray. Top with freeze-dried strawberries or strawberry powder for that added taste and color.
- To set, refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per truffle):
Calories 61 kcals
Protein 5 grams
Carbohydrates 4 grams
Fiber 1.5 grams
Fat 2 grams